Followers

Monday, June 5, 2017

Okay then...

Hey. This is Terrence again...

So Some guy came by earlier. Maria was over, and she ended up being the one answering the door. Turns out she knew the guy.

"Matt!?" She exclaimed upon seeing him.

"Maria," he replied. "Is it okay if I come in?"

Maria gave me a quick look.

"Fine," I said.

Matt came in. He was really tall, and was dressed in a longcoat.

"So who are you?" I asked.

"He's a colleague of mine," Maria said vaguely.

"I heard what happened," he said. "To Justin. Do you mind if I have a look?"

"Uh, sure," I said. "I guess."

 I showed him to Justin's room. I kept one hand in my coat pocket, with my knife, just in case. He knelt over Justin examining him for a little while, before speaking. He only said one thing, but there was something about the way he said it that I can't quite describe. Like, his voice sounded normal, I guess, but there was like, this weird strength behind his words.

"Wake up," he said.

And then Justin kind of... did...

His eyes opened, and he just lied there confused for a minute, before he realized that there was an unfamiliar guy hovering over him, and freaked out. He threw a punch and nailed Matt right in his face, sending him sprawling backwards.

"Whoa!" I said. "Calm down, dude! He a... well, I guess he's a friend. I don't know..."

Justin blinked a few times and than pressed his hands to his temples like he had a headache.

"Ugh," he said. "How long did that coma last?"

"Well, it's June now," I said. "Wait a second, you know that you were in a coma?"

"Yeah," he said. "Long story. Ugh, what smells?"

"Uh, that's you," I said. "In hindsight, we probably shoulda had someone on sponge bath duty."

"We both know Ciel woulda shoved that one you," Justin said. "I'd better get myself clean. But first, who the hell are you?"

Matt picked himself up, rubbing his jaw.

"You really can throw a punch," Matt said. "My name is Matthew."

Justin grunted.

"You have a lot of potential from what I've heard," Matt said. "I'll keep you in mind in case a position opens up."

"I think I'll pass," Justin said.

Matt shrugged and walked out.

"Dude, that guy had higher-up written all over him," I said. "I think he was offering you a job."

"I just woke up from a four month coma," Justin said. "I don't wanna think about work right now. I wanna hot bath and like, six or seven Pop-Tarts."

"I think we have some toaster strudels," I offered.

"Fuck it, I'll just make a sandwich," Justin said. "Or maybe five..."


So yeah. We've got Justin back. Seemed annoyingly easy now that it's done...

No comments:

Post a Comment