Followers

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Julia

I met with hooded guy's sister earlier.

She introduced herself as Julia. I didn't get a last name. We met at a coffee shop, and after a bit of small talk, I got to the important stuff.

"So, why'd you call me out here?" I asked.

She looked down nervously.

"You probably won't believe me," she said.

"Try me," I replied.

She took a deep breath before explaining.

"I can... see the future," She said.

Okay, kinda weird, but not the least believable thing I've heard lately...

"So do you know what's gonna happen with Oceana?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I've seen some of your battle with him, but not enough to know the outcome," she said.

So I'm gonna have a battle with him. Interesting...

"So why are you bringing up your foresight, exactly?" I asked.

"Because I saw something... bad," she said.

"Go on," I said.

She took another breath before continuing.

"You...," She said nervously. "You're going to kill my brother."

The hooded guy? Killed my me? Huh... that an interesting thing to hear...

She quickly bowed her head to me.

"Please don't!" She said, desperately. "When it comes to that, please have mercy on him."

I mulled that over for a second before replying.

"I'm a Timberwolf," I said. "I can't make that promise."

"What?" she said, looking back up at me.

"I don't know the future," I said. "And your brother seems okay enough. But if it comes to that, and I have a good reason for doing it, I won't hesitate to end his life."

She looked frightened by that, but she quickly regained her composure. She closed her eyes and slowly got to her feet.

"I'm going to repeat myself," she said softly. "One more time."

She lifted up her left hand, pointing her index finger at my face.

"In a way you'll understand," she continued.

Suddenly, her index finger was replaced by a long, jagged red blade, only inches from my face. She opened her eyes, revealing them to be dilated to the point that her irises had vanished entirely, being entirely replaced by her pupils.

"Do not harm my brother," She growled.

Not gonna lie. It was pretty intimidated seeing what I had assumed to be a shy, meek girl putting on that expression. And growing a fucking talon from her hand. Bu I took a deep breath and stood up to face her on her level.

"A Timberwolf doesn't fear death," I said. "And I don't fear you either."

And then I turned and left.

So yeah. That was an experience.

Also, it occurs to me that I forgot to pay our tab. Sorry Julia, guess coffee was on you today. But I guess that's what you get for threatening me.

No comments:

Post a Comment