Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

So today went to shit.

This is Ciel again. Fuck you.

Julia and I have been train Keran for a while now. She's sort of getting the hang of her weird powers, but she has a ways to go. We've been training in this old junkyard, where no one'll disturb us.

So, naturally, someone disturbed us.

A group of Oathbreakers showed up. Their leader was an Asian man wearing a white lab coat with one of the sleeves torn off. The other three were dressed in street clothes with oathbreaker symbol on them. Ripped-off-sleeve-man stepped forward and addressed me.

"Ciel Potomac, I take it?" he asked.

"Fuck you, who wants to know?" I demanded.

He ignored me, and continued talking.

"You and your friends caused a great deal of casualties to the oahbreakers," he said.

"Hey, I sat that fight out, asshole," I said. "That Oceana prick you guys sided with put me out of commission."

He sighed.

"Regardless, you have established yourself as an enemy of the Plague Doctor," he said. "I'm going to offer you a chance to come quietly."

"Get fucked!" I snapped at him.

He sighed again, and raised his ton-sleeve hand into the air. As his hand and fingers moved, they made a sound like creaking branches, and when he snapped his fingers, it sounded like a twig breaking underfoot.

"Detain her," he demanded the others.

One of the oathbreakers drew a syringe out and began walking toward me. Keran stepped forward, angrily.

"Leave her alone!" she demanded.

The man kept walking, and Keran turned to me nervously.

"What should I...?" she asked.

"Popsicle," I said.

She nodded, and turned back to the man, raising both her hands and unleashing a blast of cold at him. He slowed down and fell o his knees, shivering as ice began forming on his clothing.

"I did it!" Keran exclaimed excitedly.

"Don't celebrate just yet," Julia said.

Torn-sleeve-guy looked at his chilled-out lackey.

"Curious," he said. "Girl, what exactly are you?"

"Fuck you," I said.

He shrugged.

"Fine," he said. "If you won't give us answers, we'll just take you as well. The Doctor can figure out what you are."

"You won't be taking anyone," Julia said, as a red talon grew over her left index finger.

"Ah, yes," the man said. "Julia. You were also involved in Oceana's fight, weren't you? Unfortunately, while I was asked to capture Ciel, my orders concerning you are a bit different."

He snapped his fingers again.

"Kill the Descendant," he commanded the others.

The remaining two oathbreakers charged at us. I ran forward to stop one of them, slashing at his wrist to disarm the syringe in his hand, before burrowing my knife in his throat.

As I did so, Julia began fighting off the other guy with her claw, managing to slash him a few times.

Then the guy I was fighting threw me off, smacked me upside the head, and went to help his friend fight Julia.

"Keran!" I snapped, trying to regain my balance. "Do something!"

Keran raised a hand, and flames erupted from her palm, missing the guy I had been fighting, but hitting Julia's opponent in the face. Julia quickly slit his throat before turning to defend against the next guy. I quickly threw my knife at the guy, hitting him in the kidney. He somehow shrugged that off to, and kept charging at Julia. She slashed him in the chest, but he ignored it and pushed her down.

Then a guy appeared out of no where and sliced the oathbreaker diagonally in two. As the two pieces of body hit the ground, I realized it was the same guy I'd seen in the diner, with the strawberry fucking sundae.

"Davey?" Julia asked.

"Hey, cuz," he said. "How's things?"

"Who the fuck are you!?" I demanded.

"Oh, I just popped in to lend a hand," he said.

"Oh, I see," I said. "Knight in shining armor here to rescue the damsels?"

"Hey, don't go making this sexist, alright," he said defensively. "This half-dude here was about to kill my little cousin. Of course I'm gonna step in."

"Ciel, Davey, both of you shut up," Julia said, getting to her feet. "We're not done here."

The torn-sleeve-guy began slowly clapping. We all turned to look at him.

"Not bad," he said. "Not bad at all. I was hoping we'd be done by now, but this new arrival has me quite intrigued."

"I just cleaved one of your friends in two," Davey said. "And you're just casually clapping? Do you even give a shit about your friend here?"

"Friends?" the guy replied. "Hardly. They're help lended to me by the Game Master."

"Still," Keran said. "You should have some sympathy for your fellow oathbreakers."

"You have the wrong idea," he said, flexing his finger, resulting in more creaking noises. "I'm no oathbreaker."

Davey stepped forward, raising an eyebrow.

"Who are you?" Davey asked.

"My name is Ren," the man said.

Davey turned to me, dumbfounded.

"Holy fuck!" he exclaimed. "How badly did you piss the Plague Doctor off that he sent this guy after you?"

Ren snapped his finger again, and the bodies of his lackeys started moving. Thorns burst out of the skin of the frozen guy and the guy with the burnt face, and they rose to their feet. The guy who was split in two had gnarled branches sprout from around his wounds, hat pulled his two pieces together and reattached them, before he too got to his feet, turning toward us with dead eyes. These guys were definitely dead, but whatever plant bullshit was happening in their bodies was forcing them to act anyway.

"Incapacitate the swordsman first," Ren said. "Then deal with the other three."

All of them charged at Davey, who smiled for a second as they closed in. After that was jus a blur of red light and movement.

After it was over, Davey was standing over a pile of burning human/plant chunks, his sword glowing with a fierce red light. He panted for a few seconds as a similar red light faded from his eyes, and a smoke that seemed to be coming off his body faded away.

Ren just observed us for a minute before turning away.

"What's the matter?" Davey asked. "Wussing out?"

"I'm not currently equip to deal with such an a opponent," Rd Said. "So, in a manner of speaking, I am 'wussing out'. But I prefer the term 'tactical retreat'. We'll meet again."

He then opened a portal to the Crumble Castle and vanished through it.

"Fuck you!" I called after him, before turning to Davey. "And what the fuck is your deal?"

"I'll explain some other time," he said. "I have to go see a guy about a thing. Look after my cuz for me, alright?"

And then he disappeared too. Fucking asshole...

No comments:

Post a Comment