Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Roots

So, we were on the move when Rachel decided to questions me a bit more.

"So why'd you become a Timberwolf?" she asked me.

"What?" I asked.

"You must have a reason?" she asked.

"Well," I said, putting on my best asshole smile, "Some guy pulled up to me in a windowless van and offered me candy and I was like 'Fuck yeah! Candy!' Next thing I know, I'm in a cult."

"Very funny," she said dryly. I sighed.

"Guy called Rillek sweet talked me into signing on," I said. "Didn't tell me what the Timberwolves were all about at first. Then a friend of mine got caught in the crossfires of our fight with the Slender Proxies. Nowhere to go from here but deeper down he rabbit hole."

Rachel let that sink in for a minute before continuing.

"So a friend of yours got killed by your stupid mistake," she said. "And you figured the best choice was to keep going down that path?"

"Well, when you put it like that, it makes me sound like a shitty person," I said.

"Look, Justin and I are practically brothers," Terrence said. "Of course he and I are gonna stick together."

"So what's your excuse?" Rachel asked. "Why'd you join them?"

"Hey, Terrence doesn't have to tell you a damned thing," I said. "His backstory is none of your-"

"My mom was raped," Terrence said.

Holy たわごと

Oh, hey V. Mind letting me finish?

ごめんなさい

I just wasn't expecting それ

Yeah, well, neither were we. May I continue?

はい

ごめんなさい

Yeah, yeah. Gomen fuckin' nasai.

I'm learning random Japanese words from a chick living in my computer...

Anyway, we all turned to Terrence, surprised that he had let little nugget of information drop. I mean, I already knew, but it's weird hearing him open up about it.

"That's the reason I'm here," he continued. "Guy took off after doing it. Mom never bother finding him again. Me, though... Once I turned 18, I had a DNA test done so I could find out who he was. I tracked him down..."

A smile formed on his lips as he remembered the event.

"I threw my first ever Molotov cocktail through that bastard's window and watched his life go up in flames."

Rachel stared at him, stunned.

"You killed your own father?" she asked.

He glared back at her, before taking a deep breath and answering.

"I don't have a father," he said.

He let out a deep sigh.

"I managed to slip under the cops radar," he said. "But not Rillek. He found me. Told me I had potential. The Timberwolves have been my family since then."

Terrence started walking again, getting ahead of us.

"Come on," he said. "Let's keep moving."

Sal walked up to Rachel.

"You can hate servants all you want for siding with the Fears," he said. "Bu I've met enough of them to know that they all have a story. Their own roots. A reason they started down their respective roads."

So yeah. That was a conversation we had. I was honestly unsure if I should actually post it, but... fuck it. I'm sure the topic of Terrence's past would've come up eventually.

Still there, V?

はい

Okay. Did you check up on that thing?

はい

I'll keep you 掲示される

Also, tell Terrence he has a shitty お父さん


No comments:

Post a Comment