Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Time is fucking weird....

So, apparently it's April now. Like, half a year passed, when I could swear my last post was just a week ago. Fucking weird...

Anyway, I packed everything I thought I'd need. My scythe, a couple back up sickles, some light rations, and a couple extra vodka bottles for Terrence. OR myself, if I get a craving. Decided to bring Sal's APple cider with me too.

Anyway, Sal brought me to meet up with his servant friend. A Japanese gentleman, carrying a 5 foot long daito. He told me to call him Makoto Yamashita, but I think it might be an alias or something. He and Sal exchanged a few words, then he drew his sword, slashed it through the air, and tore open a special rift into another world. Her world.

The Screaming Tower is... well, a very big tower, with a lot of screaming involved. Not the kind of place you wanna visit twice.

He led the way, bringing us into the tower and leading us to the top. I tried to ignore my surroundings. Nothing there was pleasant to look at. Anyway, we were eventually brought face to face with the Wooden Girl herself.

he Wooden Girl is the Fear of being controlled and manipulated. She looks like a puppet, but she has the power to turn humans into her own toys by binding them in her strings. I was nervous the whole time we were in that tower, and being in her presence was downright terrifying.

"You've arrived," she said to us and we stood before her.

"Yes," Sal said, calmly. "We wish for your help getting my friend Justin into the Game Master's world."

"Very well," she said. "I just have one request for Young Justin."

I wanted to express anger at being called that, but I held my tongue. Better to avoid pissing her off.

"What do you ask of me?" I asked.

She approached me and whispered something in my ear. As she did, I felt something tighten around my left wrist.

"If you fail, you will lose your hand," she told me. "And keep this task our little secret."

I nodded. She turned from me, and raised her hands. After a few seconds, she growled in frustration.

"Is something the matter?" Sal asked.

"He's strengthened the barrier since last time I did this," she said. "I can still break through with enough effort, but I might hurt reality a bit in the process."

A moment later, the air in front of her cracked, and split apart to reveal the world Terrence had described to me. The Board. The Game Master's world.

"Ah, there we are," The Wooden Girl mused. "And reality seems just fine. Well, go on through, Young Justin."

"Thank you," I said, stepping forward.

I hesitated for a moment before crossing over into the Board. I turned back and locked eyes with Sal as the portal began closing itself.

"Thanks," I told him. "Tell Ciel and Julia that I'll get the others back safely."

Sal looked back at me as the portal grew smaller and smaller. He seemed conflicted about something. He vanished just as the portal was about to close fully, and I felt him reappear beside me.

"What!?" I gasped. "Why did you cross over?"

Sal stood there, eyes wide and panting.

"I don't know...," he said. "I don't know."

He looked back at where the portal had been a second ago.

"But it's too late to go back now," he said.

"Indeed it is."

We both turned to see the figure of the Game Master looming over us. He was huge. At least ten feet tall. He raised a hand, and I suddenly felt a pressure from above forcing me to my knees.

"Justin Gremori Ferin," he said. "The Angel's Reaper. It's a pleasure to have you here."

He turned his attention to Sal next.

"Valon," he said. "You've finally come home, my child."

Sal angrily drew his shotgun and aimed it at the Game Master's masked face.

"This is no home of mine," Sal snarled.

The Game Master chuckled, and waved a hand. Some invisible force sent him flying, and he crashed into a bishop shaped building behind us.

"Welcome to my tournament, gentlemen," the Game Master said. "Do enjoy yourselves."

And with that, he vanished. The pressure weighing me down vanished, and I picked myself up and rushed over to go check on Sal.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm a big boy," Sal said, getting up and dusting himself off. "I'll be fine."

"Why did he call you Valon?" I asked.

"Forget about it," he said. "Let's find some shelter for now, then we can come up with a plan."

So yeah. We're hiding out now. When I opened my laptop to start this post, I saw the date and realize that I've somehow skipped like, 7 months. Which doesn't make any sense. But I guess the tournament's still on. I just have to focus on making sure Terrence is okay.



Dude, if you're reading this, let me know. I'm here now, so if you can help me find you, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment