Followers

Monday, October 16, 2017

so then...

"Are you sure?" Ciel asked.

"That makes the most sense," I said.

"IT does seem likely," Sal said. "But Justin, if there really is a Thoughtborn living inside your laptop, that that's something you should be concerned about."

"I know," I said.

"How'd it even get in there?" Ciel asked.

"I think it was when Oceana attacked our old hideout," I said. "The night he hurt you. He must have slipped her in somehow."

"Stupid bastard," Ciel said.

"So what's your plan?" Sal asked.

"I'll keep her with me, I guess," I said.

"Are you crazy!?" Ciel demanded. "That thing could be dangerous!"

"Stop calling her a thing," I said. "She identifies as female. And she's trapped. Scared. I... I wanna help her. If I can."

"It's data, Justin," she replied. "It doesn't have a vagina."

"That's no what this is about!" I snapped.

"Look," Sal said. "It's nice that you want to help someone in trouble. But you have another friend right now who needs your help more."

"I know," I said. "I need to get to Terrence."

"Speaking of which," Ciel said. "How are those contacts coming along?"

"I found a servant who can help us," Sal said. "Sorry it took so long."

"What was the hold up, exactly?" Ciel asked.

"I had to find jus the right servant," he explained. "Someone close enough with their Fear to get us a personal audience."

"Wait, we're actually getting the Fears involved here?" I asked.

"Just one," he said. "One who would be willing to send you in there."

"Why exactly would a Fear go along with this?" I asked.

"Because this Fear hates the Game Master," Sal said. "They'd love to throw a wrench in his tournament. Which is exactly what we're planning to do."

"And which Fear is it, exactly?" Ciel asked.

Sal sighed, and grimaced for a second, clearly not comfortable with where this was going.

"The Wooden Girl," he answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment