Followers

Friday, September 29, 2017

Made a friend

Terrence here. So, I met someone new today.

As I was searching for a shop so I could get some stuff to make combat a little easier, I came across a girl caught in a gunfight with a Slender Proxy. Neither of them seemed to notice me, so I did what any Timberwolf would have done and snuck up on the Proxy. I stabbed him in the kidneys, and the girl took the chance to shoot him in the head. She then aimed her gun at me, but didn't pull the trigger.

"Who are you?" She demanded.

"Terrence," I said. "Terrence McCleary. And you are?"

She squinted at me for about half a minute before responding.

"Why did you help me?" she demanded.

I shrugged.

"I don't like proxies," I said. "Simple as that. Look, I'm just trying to find a store. You think you can lower that thing and let me go?"

She kept her gun trained on me.

"Don't wanna fight me?" she asked.

"Well, I'm at a bit of a distance against the girl with a gun standing several yard out of my reach," I said. "Plus, you're a woman. I don't like hurting women."

She finally lowered her gun a few inches.

"You realize we'll have to fight each other later, right?" she said.

"We could team up," I proposed. "No rule against that, right?"

"How can I trust you?" she asked. "How can you trust me?"

"You can't," I said. "But I think we could both use help. And we can start by finding a store together. I think we both could use it."

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"You were just in a gunfight, and Kevlar isn't perfect," I pointed out. "I think you could use some rubbing alcohol or something. I don't know, I not a medic, but I think we could both benefit from a team up, even if it ends up being temporary."

She stared at me skeptically for a few minutes before finally holstering her gun. I breathed a sigh of relief. I really didn't wanna get shot by a cute girl this early in the tournament.

"Fine," she said. "But I've got my eye on you."

So we began our search for a store.

"I never got your name," I said.

"You can call me Algeria," she said.

"Like the country?" I asked.

"Yeah, like the country," she sighed.

So, about her... She looks to be somewhere in her twenties. Or not. It's hard to tell some times. I've met people in there thirties who looked like you'd need to card them before selling them alcohol. She's pale, has dark hair, pulled into a ponytail. She has on a Kevlar suit and glasses. As I mentioned, she carries a handgun of a model I can't quite place. Not too familiar with guns. I more of a knives and explosives kind of guy. She also has a little tine box clipped to her bel, and a couple spare clips for her gun.

Anyway, we found a shop after a while. I managed to afford some food, a rag, a lighter, and a bottle of vodka. Vodka's kind of expensive here. It was actually the most expensive thing I purchased, at a grand total of 50 points. I guess that makes sense. It's useful for nulling pain, disinfect wounds, killing enough of your brains cells to live with what you've done, and, as I plan to use it, setting a ton of shit on fire. Of course, I only have the one bottle, so I'll have to use it wisely until I can afford more.

Algeria got some food for herself, and some medical stuff to deal with her injuries. So yeah, it seems our team up is off to an okay start.

No comments:

Post a Comment