Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2018

New Scythe

Took a while, but I managed to purchase a brand new scythe, as well as a whetstone to sharpen it with. As I got to that, we all began discussing where to go from here.

"We should keep moving," Rachel said. "If we stay in one place too long, we're gonna be found."

"Rachel has a point," I said. "Hiding out isn't gonna get us anywhere."

"Call me Algeria," she insisted.

"No," I replied.

"So where do we move to?" Terrence asked.

"We still have to find the Hooded Guy," I said.

"Who?" Rachel asked.

"Oh, he's this guy," I said. "In a hood. I promised his sister I'd find him."

"Does he have a name?" Rachel asked.

"Probably," I said. "Never told me. Never asked."

"So where do we find him?" she asked.

"No clue," I said. "Any ideas, Sal?"

"Honestly, he's more likely to find us," Sal said.

"How so?" Rachel asked.

"He has very good eyesight," Sal said.

Rachel turned back to me.

"So how come you'll use Valon's nickname and not mine?" she asked.

"Because, unlike you, Sal has my respect," I told her.

I set down my whetstone and examined the outer edge of the new scythe.

"Perfect," I said.

I stood up and gave it a few practice swings. The blade made a satisfying whooshing noise as it cut through the air.

"Can't wait to test this aby out on the next idiot who tries to fuck with us," I said. "God, I hope it's Henry..."

"That didn't take you very long," Rachel said.

"You think this this is the first scythe I've sharpened?" I asked.

I stood the scythe up on its pole, and gave it a spin. It spun for a moment before falling over, pointing off in a random direction.

"Alright," I said. "Let's go that way."

"Is that how you make all of your choices?" Rachel asked.

"Meh," I replied. "Let's res up a few more minutes, then get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment